soon, we're all gonna make it
see but if you ask me what my all-time favorite jpeg image on the internet i’ve ever seen was it’d be this. i have had sleepless nights thinking about this photo, i have considered writing papers on this photo dozens of pages long. there is more to this photo than meets the eye and it invokes emotions in me that range from incredible humor to crippling sadness, from tremendous disgust to absolute universal oneness and zen. i don’t expect everyone to understand and see what i see in this photo but i just want to share what this means to me. i’ve seen plenty of interesting and thought-provoking things in my life on the net, but this one has to be the absolute highest gold standard for my life thus far.
the first thing to understand about this image is the context. this image was taken from here, a study done to compare how expensive many liquids are by the gallon.
here are a few basic points to consider. keep in mind, this only covers 10% of it.
- look closely (zoom in if you have to) on the label on the bag. read aloud what it says.
- knowing what you know about point 1, it can be interpreted as a ziplock bag of children’s blood.
- there is no way human blood is stored or contained in a ziplock bag.
- why is there a label on this bag? was the label actually a document from the hospital, or did she make it herself?
- this is a gallon of children’s blood. how many children contributed to this bag?
- was it a single child? was it taken out all at once or were there intervals in the siphoning process?
- obviously taking out this much blood immediately would kill a small child.
- there is no humanly possible way that a bunch of random mixed up children donated blood into one container, even if they all had the same blood type.
- how did this woman get access to children’s blood? did she move it from a real container to a ziplock? why did she do that?
- it looks like she had some problems transferring the blood (by the looks of the top of the bag). does she not care that children’s blood has been spilled on her floor?
- is it her house? where is she? look at the surroundings. beige walls, a bookshelf to the right, wood table to the left with a gallon of paint. she is clearly not at a hospital.
- it’s nothing short of an “”“”“”aesthetic”“”“” that this woman is wearing a blood red sweater and red lipstick. i have never seen someone more successfully rock a flannel shirt underneath a sweater with the collar popped and the bottom not tucked in.
- human blood can’t just be tossed in the back seat of your ford taurus and driven home from the hospital to take a photo. it has to be stored in a freezer.
- so this woman has to have connections with the medical industry to procure human blood, did she get fired from her position? was she arrested? why was this never on the news?
- it is a bag of red wine